Friday, April 30, 2010

4/30/10

Summer is almost here and I've been so busy sewing things for other people that I put myself on hold again this year. I went to the mall yesterday to get inspired and see what they are using for day wear. It seams to me that T-shirts are it. They are all over the place and I might add, not very many colors. They have the graphic tees which are OK if that is your style, but I like feminine tops with some interesting details. I didn't see anything that I liked! And the quality is so poor. If you wash them once, they usually shrink and become out of shape. Instead of "wash and wear", it's more like "wear once and throw out"! As you can tell, I was disappointed in what I saw. Every store had the same things, boring and ordinary.
So, I ended up at Joanne's fabrics, which is the only fabric store in the entire Northeast Florida region, and bought some pretty linens to make myself some tops. I figured that there was enough knits around, so I would like to make something else. That is the great thing about sewing. I will keep you posted as to my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment