Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween

Hello!
This week I'm working on my Daughter's Halloween costume. She wants to be Bjork wearing that dead swan dress. I love doing this! I first made a skirt with an elastic waist out of basic white jersey fabric. Then I cut strips of tulle and made tons of ruffles, placing them at 2" intervals along the entire length of the dress. I used about 25 yards of tulle. Then I made the top of the dress by making a separate piece that goes over one side and added a peplum that would hook in the back. I had so much fun sewing white feathers to it to give the illusion that the entire bird was being draped over the body. All I have to do now is make the long swan neck and head. I hope to have it done by tomorrow. I'll take pictures!
Let me know if you are making anything special for Halloween. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment